Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration Project Coordinator Job, Latest NGO Jobs Kenya,
Reporting to : Cluster Manager
Grade Level : 13
Work Location : Magunga
Purpose of Position
Provide technical support for the successful implementation of Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration (FMNR) activities within the designated project sites in Magunga Area Programme, Homa Bay County as well as ensure smooth coordination of the overall project implementation, reporting and feedback to the Cluster Manager including Regional Office and National Office as may be required.
Project Planning, Coordination and Implementation (50%)
- Responsible for the in the coordination and implementation of the all activities in the FMNR project
- Train the partners, selected groups and community members on the various recommended focal areas (FMNR, Climate smart agriculture, Sustainable energy options, soil and water conservation, advocacy and policy influence etc).
- Contribute to effective and timely implementation of all FMNR field level interventions and initiatives with communities and partners.
- Ensure that all FMNR initiatives within the projects area of influence meet or exceed planned outcomes and are implemented in full compliance with the projects guidelines
- Liaise with Cluster Manager, Regional Design & MEAL Coordinator to ensure that appropriate controls, monitoring and evaluation tools are in place and being utilized in a timely manner in all FMNR measurements.
- Monitor and support the timely and appropriate utilization of budgeted resources for all FMNR related project interventions.
- Proactively enforce controls and checks as well as ensure effective and timely response plans to all financial audit findings of FMNR initiatives and take the needed measures to prevent future recurrence.
- Participate in proposal development and resource mobilization.
- Provide supervision to Community Mobilizers and Driver to ensure FMNR project objectives are met – effectively manage staff performance.
- Attend the regular weekly and monthly planning meetings as called upon.
Quality Assurance – Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation (30%)
- Supervise and monitor project interventions in strict adherence to WV Kenya, Kenya government regulations and other agreed standards.
- Develop monitoring plan with communities and partners agreeing on the required standards for monitoring, with support from the DME specialist.
- Ensure project data is captured, validated and updated on horizon and or any other approved World Vison Kenya (WVK) DM&E system.
- Coordinate with Cluster Manager, Regional Design & MEAL Coordinator and relevant technical teams at the national Office to effectively support the project to carry out all measurements baselines, assessments, designs, monitoring and evaluations – in accordance with WV established standards, policies and procedures.
- In Liaison with AP Accountant, track project implementation expenditure levels, manage work plans and budgets
- Compile the necessary monthly, quarterly and annual reports and submit to the Cluster Manager and Technical team at the National Office.
- Regularly document success stories / innovation for sharing across the partnership
- Develop context specific electronic and live media communications on FMNR and NRM activities.
- Ensure the Project design document is updated as per DME standards.
- Gather and provide quality feedback and data to be used to develop technical papers and recommendations on key issues for external engagement with decision makers.
Advocacy, Engagement, Networking and Partnerships (10%)
- Participate in the Annual County Government’s Planning and Budgeting process and influence resource allocation to the priority needs of the most vulnerable groups within the Program Area
- Partner with Community, relevant Government authorities, research institutions and other stakeholders; provide technical assistance regarding FMNR implementation.
- Participate in County Sector Technical Working groups and forum and at Sub-County and Ward levels as will be appropriate.
- Ensure that Program participants and partners are kept informed of all the Government laws and policies in respect to FMNR and any changes to government laws, policies and budgets.
- Work with stakeholders and partners to promote FMNR to influence policy on complimentary activities
Capacity Building (5%)
- Build the capacity of partners (FBOs, CBOs, Farmers Groups) to enable them effectively intervene in food security & economic empowerment appropriately
- Ensure integration of FMNR with other project/programmes in the Aps
- Mobilize and sensitize community for empowerment & sustainability
- Establish specific capacity building methodologies for effective delivery & sustainability of project interventions
- Take a lead in building ADP staff and community capacities in food security & economic empowerment sector interventions through trainings and other information sharing avenues to handle project activities effectively.
- Together with partners, conduct regular reflection and learning events;
- Facilitate and coordinate farmers FMNR exposure tours.
- Participate in Trans teams and support other initiatives by partners in the spirit of integration
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor or designee.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Forestry, Agroforestry and Natural Resource Management related field
- Membership to professional body (FSK, EIK etc)
- At least four years on job experience and specialties in Forestry, Agroforestry, Natural Resource Management with some experience in Agriculture.
- Knowledge on GESI with additional training or skills in gender mainstreaming / integration is an added advantage
- Ability to engage with local communities, partners and government authorities
- Must have a good understanding of the different systems of extension delivery.
- Exposure to gender biased programming
- Able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Good organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to ride a motorbike is an added advantage
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office or another main email system such as Microsoft Outlook
How To Apply