DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: SOS Children’s Villages
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya (SOS CV KE) is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu. SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health programmes and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programmes.
We seek to recruit suitably qualified persons to become;
Social Workers for SOS CV KE Family Strengthening Program based in Nairobi, Mombasa and Meru
The Youth co care workers who are social workers will undertake various duties which include and are not limited to the following:-
- Schedule and format meetings with programme participants to mentor them towards entreprenurship and employability options in liaison with the National Youth Programme Coordinator and other Managers.
- Guide the programme participant’s learning and demonstration of program competencies, assisting the participants’ understanding of the impact on their participation in the programme by:
- Mobilizing/supporting programme participants to participate actively in the programme with a vision to be economically sound to realize their full pontenial.
- Sharing experiences from own learning and experiences, helping participant identify avenues to increase learning, for example, business articles, other peers and other relevant networks.
- Using coaching approaches to support and increase the client’s (programme participants) understanding of their own perspectives about issues and concepts.
- Attest to participant’s completion of each phase of the program. SOS CV Kenya will create the evidentiary templates to obtain this testament.
- Network with organizations private, corporates and NGOs for supporting youth to initiate income generating initiatives and also support them on job placements.
- Build and maintain relationships with various types of employers offering internship and workplace learning opportunities
- Structure and guide workplace learning / internship programmes through facilitating (learning) sessions with youth and employers
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of programme activities and generate progress reports as appropriate
- Degree in Social Sciences.
- Certificate in mentorship/coaching and should be computer literate.
- At least 5 years in working with youth in areas of employability, development work, partnership and entrepreneurship in public/private/NGO services environment.
- Experience working with youth focused organization/s for a minimum of 2 years in coaching and mentoring youth.
- Demonstrable understanding of the national youth policy framework and issues affecting youth in general and youth in Kenya in particular
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter(stating current and expected pay) & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 8th April 2019 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages – Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.